Sunday, June 21, 2009

Faith Based Business

This week I went on 4 castings/auditions and so far, no callbacks. I figured out soon enough that I would need to rely on my faith to make it in this industry. But in figuring that out, I learned that clients have in mind what type of person or people they are looking for when they put together a casting/auditon. On a rare occassion you may come in and wind up being something really special and the client may choose to go in another direction. But for the most part they already have a pretty good idea of what they are looking for.

So with that in mind, I don't look at other actors or models as my competition. Shoot, who knows how long they've been in the game. Things may be just starting to pay off for them and they've been going at it for some years now. However, I deal with the rejection by finding ways to better myself. What can I work on? What steps can I take to evolve? What can I do to stand out. And in that time, I've also found ways to create some additional income. Because as most actors/models know...getting paid is sometimes a lengthy process. We still got bills. And for most of us who are passionate about it...we aint going back to the 9 to 5 business.

Furthermore, we are in a recession. I'm not happy about it. But I'm not mad at it either. It has pushed many, including myself, to come out of their shells. Forced them to become creative, find their niche, pursue dreams and just do things they would have not thought they'd ever be doing.

Being in business for yourself is challenging. But wouldn't you rather be challenged doing what you love than working for someone else helping them be successful doing what they love.

No I may not book every audition/casting I go to BUT...I wouldn't want to be doing anything else. You see what GOD has for me has already been written. So if I didn't get a job...it wasn' t for me. So I keep it moving and maybe I'll get the next one. Only GOD knows and I'd say HE knows best. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment